Re: my sarge system won't update

mark foster wrote:
I'm attempting to update my mail server which runs debian sarge, postfix, etc. However this time it is not working. I did the usual `aptitude update; aptitude upgrade`
Ok, never mind, I discovered fs corruption on the inodes associated with locale, iconvconfig and so on. So after running fsck I copied those binaries over from another debian system and afterwards was able to perform the update.

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark@foster.cc>  http://mark.foster.cc/