Re: SSHD, why wouldn't it be part of the install.

* Chuck Payne <cepayne@magidesign.com> [060911 21:14]:

> When I got home I did a locate, which, and whereis and   strange, I can see
> ssh, but no sshd. So I did an apt-get install, and WOW! No package can be
> found. So what am I do?

ssh got split in two seperate package, openssh-client and
openssh-server (well, and "ssh" as transition package depending on both
new packages).  I think openssh-server is not installed by default
(unless when installing one of the server tasks I would guess, but
didn't checked).

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--