Re: Upgrade problems for sysvinit 2.86.ds1-16 -> 2.86.ds1-18

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Those with packages being broken from this bug can fix it by using
> 'apt-get --reinstall install package' on the affected packages.  A
> quick way out is to reinstall all the packages with scripts in
> /etc/init.d/.
>
>   for p in `dpkg -S /etc/init.d/*|cut -d: -f1|sort -u`; do
>     apt-get --reinstall install -y $p
>   done

Looks like there is still something left to do for the user after this
step. Eg, on my machine KDM did not start up automatically anymore, as
well as WLAN. Those are two things I encountered directly and are
probably easy to fix, but I'm quite uncertain if there is something else
broken in the background I'm not aware of.

Is there an easy solution to check and fix all involved packages at once?

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur