Re: Firefox/CUPS printer properties

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 09:50:49PM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:

> A recurrent problem which has plagued the combination of Firefox and
> CUPS several times is back again, with the system upgrade which I made
> yesterday or the day before:
>
> Within the Firefox browser (version 1.5.0.4), the parameters "gap from
> edge of paper to margin" set by "printer properties" button from the
> "file -> print" menu are not being retained when the computer is shut
> down.
>
> I am using CUPS (version 1.2.2) with a HP LaserJet 4100 nps (Postscript
> Level 2).  The default parameters (top = 0.04, bottom = 0.04, left =
> 0.04, right = 0.04) never have been suitable from the earliest release
> of CUPS until now -- the headers and footers (title, page number, URL,
> date & time) do not print until the gaps are reset to a larger value
> ("0.4" is adequate).
>
> I find it curious that this particular bug keeps cropping up, time and
> time again.
>
> RLH

Hi,

Is it possible, that you have accidentally disabled the saving of the
print settings?

In my Firefox 1.5.0.4 the values are saved to whatever I set them. In
about:config I have "print.save_print_settings true". I also have the
values print.printer_printername.print_edge_bottom, ...edge_left,
...edge_right and ...edge_top set to integer value 13 (the value in the
print dialog is 0.14). Unfortunately I don't know how those integer
values correlate to the values in the print dialog.

Just in case you haven't used about:config before, just type that into
the location field and hit enter. Then type 'print' into the filter
field to see the printing related preferences. Setting those values take
effect immediately and they are saved into the prefs.js file in your
$HOME/.mozilla/firefox/xyz123.default -directory.

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature