Re: debian unstable, stable enough?

Thibaut Paumard <paumard@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Le vendredi 08 septembre 2006 à 13:20 +0200, Jordi Carrillo a écrit :
> > I'm using Debian testing and I was thinking about switching to
> > unstable. Is Debian unstable, stable enough for a Desktop system? Are
> > there broken dependencies in unstable?
> > Thanks
>
> I can't really see a rationale for this. As far as I know, packages
> normally migrate from unstable to testing in _10 days_ (unless testing
> is frozen). Packages that don't are broken in some way or break
> something else in some way. Now I know people do this, I guess they must
> have a reason (a good reason for an unstable chroot is developing
> packages for Debian).
>
> T.

Maybe it's not rational, but it's fun :) My home laptop is not mission
critical and I find breakages just another (maybe the best) opportunity
to learn something more about Debian. Of course, I enjoy learning and
experimenting with different software and I'm trying to contribute as
much as possible by reporting bugs, ...

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)