Re: debian unstable, stable enough?

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 21:31:35 +1000, Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 01:20:35PM +0200, Jordi Carrillo wrote:
I'm using Debian testing and I was thinking about switching to unstable. Is
Debian unstable, stable enough for a Desktop system? Are there broken
dependencies in unstable?
Well...most often not but there can be...
and of course the problem with unstable (and testing for that matter) is
that it can happen that with an update a default behavior changes
(happend to me for example one when they introduces the feature of
expireing passwords in samba and had it activated by default....)

that said...i use unstable on nearly all me desktop machines for some
years now and i hardly ever have any problems...

As a rule, I tend to prefer Stable to Testing, and Testing to Ubuntu, and Ubuntu to Unstable.

Yes, I realise that Ubuntu is not a Debian distro, but I feel that nearly anything is better than Unstable, I got tired of fixing it all the time!