Re: Beta-3 Etch install avoiding commandline?

Le vendredi 08 septembre 2006 à 08:47 +0100, Chris Lale a écrit :
[...]
> My main concern was that anyone choosing the 'Desktop environment' task
> during installation should end up with a desktop which includes a GUI
> front end to Apt (eg Synaptic). They should not have to use commandline
> tools like Apt-get or Aptitude after the base install.
[...]

aptitude is not a command-line tool. Just launch it from the Debian menu
and you'll see a perfectly edible curses-based package manager. Now the
name in the menu hardly helps, but that's another story. Now if you mean
GUI like in point-and-click, it would certainly make sense to include
synaptic by default in the "desktop" install.

Regards, T.