Please help

Hello, first of all I have no idea about Debian but Im working on a pretty nice software base on Debian so I need to work on this J

The software I use is Pluto Home, which is a home automation software.

The thing is that I have a Dell touch screen which I use with my xp media center edition. Now I want to give it a try with Pluto but I don’t have the drive for debian. I ask the developers of the touch controller and this is what they said:

We do offer a driver for some versions of the Linux operating system and kernel and the driver for those versions can be downloaded from our website. We do not offer a driver for Debian but we do have a  source and object kit that will allow users to build our package against their version of Linux.   With every new version it is possible to hit a situation where the kernel module will not build or will not load on a target system.   When this occurs, the customer is responsible for finding the issues that prevent the driver from building as we do not have the resources to investigate and troubleshoot the many variations of Linux and kernels.   Here is a link to the drivers download page, click the drop down  for Linux drivers and then download the source and object kit.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MTouchSystems/TS/TechnicalInformation/TouchDrivers/

So I would like to know how do I build a package for my Pluto, Debian based, system.

I hope you can help me or at least let me know who can.

Thanks a lot!

Martin

Banco Amazonas S.A
Correo libre de Virus