Panasonic Touchscreen

I am trying to get the touchscreen working on a Toughbook CF-29. I have been
unable to locate any information specifically about it. It seems that some
older Toughbooks used a serial port, usually ttyS3, and that others may use a
similar setup to the Fujitsu Lifebook B-series, which apparently attaches to
a ps-2 mouse port.

I have tried all five modules found under .../drivers/input/touchscreen/,
namely; ads7846, elo, gunze, mk712, and mtouch, as well as the xorg.conf
setup shown at <http://www.conan.de/>. I can't say whether or not any of them
work, because I have not been able to locate the touchscreen device. Doing:

od -h </dev/ttyS{anything except 0}

produces an I/O error indicating that there is nothing there. (ttyS0 is an
actual DB9 serial port) There is nothing but the USB controller on the USB
bus, according to lsusb. Doing:

od -h </dev/input/event0

picks up the keyboard. Similarly, /event1 picks up
nothing, /event2, /mice, /mouse0, and the one you might suspect of being  a
TouchScreen, /ts0, all pick up the touchpad, but not the touchscreen.

Where is it?

--
Carl Brown
Whitefield, NH USA