Debian Sarge screen refresh rate

Hey,

I used dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to configure my monitor refresh rate to Vertical 70-75 and Horizontal 80-85. in /etc/X11/XFConfig86-4 it shows what I just configured with dpkg-reconfigure. The problem is it actually does not act that way. The actual refresh rate is far more less. It is not a laptop and it is not LCD screen. Can any of you help me please? BTW, aptitude update and aptitude upgrade does not help neither.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Rocky