How to get cups printing remotely solved

This letter documents

How I set up printing on debian sid remotely ie:
from 1 computer running sid to another computer running sid.

good articles on cups setup remotely

Here are my brief notes. My network is 192.168.10.* and I have the server set up at
key things are:

On server:
edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf

1) delete the following two lines

substitute the line
	Port 631

2) add the line
Browsing On

3) In Location stanza allow the following

<Location />
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
  AuthType None
  Allow From
  Allow From
#  alternative Allow From 192.168.*.*

????????????? possibly may need a line

?????????????? possiby  may need a line

I then set  up a printer. i called it hplaserjet on the server.
I used cups web administration

On the client machine I created a file called

which has the line

where the ip address is that of your printer server.

i then needed to go into the web based adminstration module on the client
to install the printer
in web browser open up

go into administrative module

i needed to set up the printer.

click add a printer

call it anything you want then
enter this location

where is the printer server.

then  select the right driver

then this should work.

i dont know why this is so darn difficult now on debian.

Note On both machines I had the following packages

dpkg -l|grep cups

ii  cupsys                                 1.2.2-2                                 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server
ii  cupsys-bsd                             1.2.2-2                                 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD commands
ii  cupsys-client                          1.2.2-2                                 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client progr
ii  cupsys-common                          1.2.2-2                                 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - common files
ii  cupsys-driver-gimpprint                5.0.0-2                                 printer drivers for CUPS
ii  cupsys-driver-gutenprint               5.0.0-2                                 printer drivers for CUPS
ii  gnome-cups-manager                     0.31-2                                  CUPS printer admin tool for GNOME
ii  libcupsimage2                          1.2.2-2                                 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - image libs
ii  libcupsys2                             1.2.2-2                                 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - libs
ii  libgnomecups1.0-1                      0.2.2-5                                 GNOME library for CUPS interaction
ii  libgnomecupsui1.0-1c2a                 0.31-2                                  UI extensions to libgnomecups