Re: How do I replace lilo with grub?

On Thursday 31 August 2006 14:08, Joseph Smidt wrote:
> I just installed Debian.  Grub failed to load but lilo worked.  Now
> that everything is installed, how do I replace lilo with grub?

# dpkg --purge lilo
# apt-get install grub

Double check /boot/grub/menu.lst *before* you reboot.  Your situation is kind
of unique:  Most people have a more difficult time with lilo than grub.
Personally, I would stick with lilo if it works for you until you have the
experience to deal with an unbootable Linux system without tearing your hair

Paul Johnson