Re: How do I replace lilo with grub?

Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Before you do that you should backup the config file from lilo (never used
> it so don’t ask me which one it is) and after the installing you should

/etc/lilo.conf

> check grub’s menu.lst to make sure that all entries were migrated
> correctly.

Just to be sure, run also grub-install after playing
with /boot/grub/menu.lst. I know that grub should work automagically, but
it happened to me, that it didn't couple of times when doing big changes
(moving partitions, etc.). And it was remote server, so I had to move my
fat butt and get to it, find keyboard and monitor for it, etc. Oh well. :-(

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

If in desperation, read the documentation!
    -- Brian D. Ripley, on R-help list