network problem

Hey list,

I'm using Debian Sarge on my Desktop. Last night the network still works perfectly. This morning I could not connect to the internet anymore.

I have a a router serve as Gateway as well connect to my internet service. Because we have a few computers, I connect to the router through a switcher. The gateway is 192.168.1.1 and the Mask is 255.255.255.0 and The IP address for my linux computer is 192.168.1.55. Because all of my other PCs are using Windows system. So I normally using ssh to connect to my Linux pc by entering 192.168.1.55 as the host. But since this morning I do not even able to use the local area network on my linux PC anymore. My windows machines are still able to get into the internet. Can any of you help me on how to tracking down the problem and solve them please?

By the way the internet card used to work is eho.

Thanks a lot!

Rocky