Dial-up modem terminal........

Using pon to dial my external Maestro Woomera modem, I don't know how to bring
up a terminal to talk to it in Debian etch.

When using KPPP I could get into a modem terminal window. With pon, I have no
idea.

I need this so that my phone line can be checked, apparently.

Thanks in advance,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524