Re: NFS takes up local disk space

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 11:33:21AM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 31.08.06 15:27, Jens Tobiska wrote:
> > I have a weird problem with NFS on Debian amd64. It appears to take up
> > the same amount of space on the local disk as on the remote nfs-mounted
> > one.
> >
> > Only noticed this when my root partition was filling up (the nfs
> > mountpoint is on /mnt/nfs which is on the root partition). There is
> > probably a mistake in my setup but I don't really know where to look.
>
> May there be a program writing under the NFS mountpoint? I mean, program
> writing to /mnt/nfs/ was started before the NFS system was mounted, so it
> writes to your disk instead of NFS.
>
> try to umount /mnt/nfs and look to the directory after.

Yes indeed I use /mnt/nfs for backups with "sbackup". It is supposed to
make only a daily backup at a time at which the computer is definitely
on and the nfs mounted

Might be that the nfs was not mounted for some time which made it write
to the local disk instead. Will investigate further.

thanks a lot for pushing me in the right direction
jens