Re: apache2-doc - The requested URL /manual/ was not found on this server.

csanyipal a écrit :
Hello!

I just installed apache2 & apache2-doc on Sarge.

I don't put yet any index.html file in the apache2-default/ directory, so there one can see the apache2 initial page out there.

On that page is the link to manual <http://csanyipal.info/manual/> & when I klick on it, I should to see the manual page, am I right?

But I get the error message:
"The requested URL /manual/ was not found on this server."

So, please, to explain to me someone, what should I to do, to see the manual page for apache2?

I will appreciate any advices!

Hi

By default, the configuration of apache2 only allow to view documentation from localhost

You have to edit the file: /etc/apache2/site-available/default
And change the Allow from 127.0.0.1 line to Allow from all

Then restart apache2 with:
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Regards
Guillaume

--
Guillaume
E-mail: silencer_<at>_free-4ever_<dot>_net