Re: texlive vs, tetex

Micha Feigin wrote:
> What is the difference between the two latex implementations available
> under debian?

tetex is older, abandoned upstream (and upstream author suggests its user to
switch to texlive), and slightly smaller. TeXLive is community maintained
(by different TUG groups), much bigger, much more platform independent (not
much of interest for us, but you get support on Windows, Mac, and all
possible Unices).

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang
separately.
   -- Benjamin Franklin