system hang-up

I've tried many times to install different flavor of linux on a Pentium@150MHz and 48 MB memory, as bases. Only after repeated trials those system were installed. Particullary, I have problem installing sarge 3.01r2, if I'm not wrong. At 61% the disc freezes. May I avoid this problem? As a detail for much information. I've installed Puppy with no problem but in the time of function, also the harddisc freezes and I have to reset the system.

http://iute.zoom.ro - my web page
0040744381364 my cell
it worth to visit:
http://www.schituldarvari.ro