Re: Reconfiguring Xorg

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 16:52, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:34:11 -0400
>
> André Allavena <aallavena@cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg asks me a few questions, but doesn't
> > write anything to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> >
> > Where does the configuration gets writen?
> >
> > Running Debian unstable (well, trying to install, really)
> >
> > Thanks
> > André
>
> Run the command:
>
>     dexconf -o /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Ive also been having real trouble getting a clean new xorg.conf setup using

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

even with the dexconf command you suggest and removing /etc/X11/X I seem to
put some remnants from my old xfree86 setup (screen resolutions) in
xorg.conf.

I have a different monitor and video card now and want to start from scratch -
only dpkg-reconfigure won't let me.  The xorg.conf file says something about
using information from debconf.  Where is this information stored or how can
I tell dpkg-reconfigure not to use it.

Chris