Re: Meta Destkop packgae (when installing)

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:36:40 -0400
André Allavena <aallavena@cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> Is there a meta package corresponding to the high level "desktop"
> package that one has the choice to install when doing a complete,
> froms scratch install?
>
> I didn't install it, and would rather install a meta meta desktop
> package rather than go and select everything by hand.
>
> Thanks
> André

There are the gnome and kde metapackages, which will give you the
full-blown GNOME and KDE environments, respectively. See also the
gnome-core and kde-core metapackages, which give only the core
components in each case.

--

Liam