Re: Email programs that work.

Ron Johnson down in the bayou wrote:
<snip>
>Showing my grey beard: WordStar was excellently-designed TUI
>software.  All was based on the keyborad "home row", most commands
>were 2 strokes: "group"+"command".  Help screens were layered and
>rational.  You could have help *always* on half the screen,
>*temporarily* on half of the screen, or *never* on half the screen.
>
>So, you started out with "full" help, then after a weekish, went to
>sometimes help, and later, no help.

Then you must really hate Emacs, with all the ctrl meta keys!

I do agree with you on the MS Windows, just see how far someone gets
if outlook express is not setup.  Also how hard is it to get say
Word or another MS app, to use say Tbird, or another mail app.

I do like the way how *BSD's allow you to not use sendmail, and you
can use just a ssmtp.  But then you have to read the man page to
make sure sendmail is not used.

I also find it hard to see what the big deal is, after all most
isp's have a web based option to check mail. Ok, it might not have
your mail box options, but unless your always on the road what's
the big deal. With googles new software such as writely, and their
spreadsheet program, you won't need to save anything to your home
system harddrive anyway.

Gnu_Raiz