Re: Stand by command

"Rocky Ou" <rocky2winnie@gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you use apm try "man apm". For acpi the program acpitool will do
> > what you want.

> Well, Thank you for your reply!  It really works by input acpitool -s but
> the problems is I could not get the command which will wake my laptop up. I
> went over man acpitool without any result. Can any of you help me on this
> please? I'm using Dell Inspiron 2200.

On my HP there is a big blue button with a moon on it. When I press
that, the laptop wakes up ;) On an older Thinkpad it was the "Fn" key.
I don't know about Dell, but it should be written in the users-manual
or you can look it up on the web if you don't have that. Or you could
just press buttons (including the power button) until you find the
right one :)

Please keep replies on list. (Sorry for the CC, I wasn't sure if you
were still watching the list)

Regards
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)