Re: Error 21

Marion School, Joe Fisher wrote:
I'm a total noob with linux. I"m trying to install Debian to use as a fileserver in a Windows environment. Mepis works fine, but for some reason everytime I put on Mepis the KDE desktop crashes.
Debian was recommended as Rock solid. However, after I get through installing it, and remove the media I get a message "Grub loading please wait.....Error 21" That's it, no other input is allowed. Error 21 just blinks on the screen. Any suggestions? I googled for Error 21, most of the hits were in other languages, but of the ones I could read, they referred to installing games.
What type of hard disks does this server have ? what type of Disk Controller ? onboard SATA ?
To where did you install the boot loader ? MBR ? or somewhere else ?

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.