Re: fstab entries for two different pendrives?

Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> writes:

> Use udev to recognise the pendrive from its manufactures name, and create a
> symlink (or actual device) called /dev/flash.  Mount that in /etc/fstab
>
> [...]

Thanks to Florian and Alan.
I forgot to say that my kernel is the 2.4, so udev is not for me - is it?
Then I'll turn on Florian's suggestion, unless there's some other remedy
that avoid installing special packages like pmount.
fstab alone should be sufficient to mount any device.
I'd like to understand *why* it can't manage two sd* devices together,
or what's the proper way to make it do.

Can anybody explain that?
Cheers,
Rodolfo