Re: Install Unstable package into Stable system?

"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> writes:

> Becuase of how long it has been since Sarge was released, it is
> practically impossible to install any package that requires compilation
> from unstable or testing into stable.  You can backport the package
> yourself.  I have a written a HOWTO on the subject:
>
> http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize

Thanks to James, Mathias and Roberto.
Roberto, for the moment I could only have a quick look at your document.
If I understand well, it shows how to
build a debian source package satisfying its dependencies?
Great.
I'll be reading it carefully.

Cheers,
Rodolfo