Re: Python & chess

2006/8/25, Katipo <Katipo@westnet.com.au>:
Paolo Pantaleo wrote:

> Well Python is not a good language for writing a chess engine (even if
> a chess engine exists:
> http://www.kolumbus.fi/jyrki.alakuijala/pychess.html), but it could be
> grat for chess interfaces, for drawing boards, and similar things. I
> foudn out a library for these things
> (http://www.alcyone.com/software/chess/). Does anyone konw about more
> chess related modules?

What are you trying to do, exactly?

Your last post seemed to be an enquiry toward the manufacture of chess
boards.
Now you are talking about engines and the generalised subject of
'chess-related modules'.
If you are not interested in the conversation you must not read it.
Since Tobiah asked why Python is not good for writing a chess engine I
aswered him.

If you don't know what you are specifically looking for, nobody here can
help you to find it, and you would be far better off going to the debian
onsite package search, and type in 'chess'.
I am looking for Python modules that can draw boards and handle the
data to represent a board and a game. I don't think this is so vague.

Maybe this is not the right list for asking a so Python specific
subjext and I am sorry for that

PAolo

Regards,