Re: rhythmbox won't open radio

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 22:35 -0400, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> Rhythmbox (aka Music Player) won't open radio stations (Groove Salad,
> Bluemars, or other stations from the internet).  It tells me "couldn't
> start playback (null)".  Once in a blue moon, several minutes later,
> it'll connect and start playing a station, without acknowledging that
> it's connected, thereby not allowing me any control (to make it stop the
> one station, I'll have to quit the program).  Often it will freeze,
> alleging that I've paused a station, at which point I'll have to force
> it to quit.
>
> It will play ogg or mp3 files on my system.  However, it won't stop,
> it'll only pause.  If, after I've played an ogg or mp3, I try to play an
> internet  radio station, it'll reopen the last ogg or mp3 I played.
> Once that's done, it'll just freeze.
>
> Is anyone else having issues like this with Rhythmbox?
>
> It's version 0.9.5-2, on Etch.  I use Gnome.
>
> Mark
>
> PS, I shoulda stuck with Sarge.  Curiousity killed this cat, and, alas,
> satisfaction has not yet brought me back.

Sorry you're disappointed with Etch; I upgraded to it and have been
pleased.

I use rhythmbox on Gnome and Etch (amd64) without problems (all
updated).  Except that it doesn't seem to like some radio stations.  But
on those, it will play for a few seconds, then start buffering and not
stop.  And it will stop/pause/whatever without any problems.

Sorry not to have helped any...