Re: PostgreSQL 8 debs on Debian 3.1r2

Alexander Farber wrote:

Hello,

where could I get good and trustworth postgresql 8 debs
which would be updated in case of security issues?

On www.postgresql.org there are only rpms...

I'm using at the moment 7.x debs, but I need 8.x
for a libpq-program I'm developing...

$ cat /etc/debian_version
3.1

$ dpkg -l | grep postgres
ii postgresql 7.4.7-6sarge2 object-relational SQL database management sy
ii  postgresql-cli 7.4.7-6sarge2  front-end programs for PostgreSQL
ii  postgresql-con 7.4.7-6sarge2  additional facilities for PostgreSQL
ii postgresql-dev 7.4.7-6sarge2 development files for libpq (PostgreSQL libr ii postgresql-doc 7.4.7-6sarge2 documentation for the PostgreSQL database ma

Have you looked at backports.org? Apparently 8.0 had some security issues, but the home page says that they have 8.1 up and available.

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail