Re: Hey, Steve! (WAS: Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon)

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 18:35, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this post.  I never said
> that you, or any of the rest of us from the U.S. should be shameful of
> our country.  I also don't think that Brazilians need to be shameful of
> THEIR country.  I DO think that you should not be slamming INDIVIDUAL
> Brazilians for what you PERCEIVE of the Brazilian NETWORKS.

Well, can you blame the perspective at all?  If your only contact, to date,
with Brazil or Brazilians, is via spam, would you expect that person's
perception of Brazil and it's people be positive?  Spam is a PR and tourism
issue that governments should be aware of as much as any other diplomatic
factor.

--
Paul Johnson