Re: Problem with: #include <X11/Xlib.h>

gustavo halperin wrote:

> Thank you, you are right. I fixed it now like you say. BTW: So, maybe
> I must to update all the packages from the Xorg family. For example
> if I have currently installed the "xlibmesa-gl" version
> "4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1" mean that also this package I must upgrade ??

In principle you should be prevented from installing incompatible sets
of packages by versioned dependencies.  In practice, sometimes not all
of them are noticed or deemed important.  Apparently in this case no one
realized that libx11-dev 6.9 required x-dev 6.9 :-(  (This has been
fixed in Sid and Etch, by the way, but I seem to recall that the
monolithic XOrg backports are unlikely to be updated.)  So it's usually
safest to upgrade everything related at once.

> And if your answer is yes, there are any way to see which of this
> Xorg family package I have installed and not missing no one ??

Try something like this to find all the Xfree86 packages still on your
system:

> COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l | grep '^ii' | grep '4\.3\.0\.dfsg\.1'

(This only works because the Xfree86 packages in Sarge have a very
distinctive version number.)

The following is a little more tricky, and requires you to install the
"grep-dctrl" package, but it's technically nicer:

> grep-status -FSource xfree86 --and -FStatus 'install ok installed' -s Package,Version

(Search the dpkg status file for packages coming from source xfree86
that are currently installed, and print out the package names and versions.)

And to find the backports you have installed from XOrg 6.9:

> grep-status -FSource xorg-x11 --and -FStatus 'install ok installed' -s Package,Version

regards,