Re: About the WikiMedia Foundation (WAS: Re: Where'd wow come from (WAS:Re: Off Topic Topics (WAS: Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon (WAS: Re: Osama Bin Laden Take Over List!))))

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 09:25:46PM -0500, Owen Heisler wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 17:56 -0700, Hex Star wrote:
> >
> > Where did the word wow come from? Who invented it?
>
> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wow
>
> See the Wikimedia Foundation for all the information you'll ever need.
> Especially useful are the Wikipedia and Wiktionary.
> See more information about it here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia
>
> Heh, heh...  The subject is getting rather long!  :)

I hate to throw fuel on the fire, but I just have to chime in on this
one.  Wikipedia is only a good source of info for what I like to call
"geek fare."  That is, if you want information on physics, chemistry,
astronomy, computer science, programming, games, mathematics,
cryptography, television programs and movies, and so on everything is
fine.  If you are looking for information on politics, international
issues/relations, religion or religious issues, life sciences,
basically, anything that is the subject of any significant amount of
controversy, Wikipedia falls apart quite badly.  That is not to say that
all of it is garbage, just that even the self-declared NPOV stance is
not sufficient.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez