Debian support for Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet NIC?

Title: Debian support for Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet NIC?

Hi everyone,

Over the weekend I decide to put Debian on my new PC at home, and while it was detecting hardware, it said it couldn't find the proper driver for my NIC (Marvell Yukon Gigabit) that's onboard my ASUS MB (P4P800??  I forgot; but I can confirm once I get home).  I quickly checked Marvell's website and they have a linux driver for the NIC that can be compiled into the kernel, so I continued with the installation.  After installing, I proceeded to patch the 2.6.16.27 linux kernel with the driver found on Marvell's site.  I recompiled the kernel and…still nothing -- ifconfig only shows the loopback and no eth0.

Has anyone here had the same problem?  What am I doing wrong (or forgetting to do; I assumed the NIC would work once the proper drivers were in place)?

Thanks in advance,
-Glen

Glen Yu,  B.Eng | 416-739-4861 | glen.yu@ec.gc.ca