Re: Why are sarge-ISO's not signed with the ftpmaster-key???

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 10:45:56AM +0200, m.shukov@gmx.net
wrote:
> After investigating a while in the net I found out, that
> the key belongs to Steve McIntyre (steve@einval.com),
> sombody I never heard of. That's shure because I don't
> konow the debian Project very well. But I don't think it's
> a very sensfull way to sign the most important downloads
> with a key only debian-insiders know.  Why isn't the
> ftpmaster key used?

Steve McIntyre is the Debian Developer who prepares the CD
images, and therefore signs them. He is currently the
"Second In Command" (2IC) to the Debian Project Leader. His
key is in the debian-keyring package.

I assume the ftpmaster key is not used because the FTP
masters have nothing to do with the CD images.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/