Re: Tunnelling??

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 05:24:21PM +0530, debian developer wrote:
>    Im behind a proxy in my college where i cannot use gaim, as 5050
>    tunnelling is not allowed.
>    Can anyone suggest a tunnelling client with a frontend so that i can
>    connect my gaim??

I presume they're blocking everything, and only allowing ports 80 and
443 through on the proxy (otherwise it would be pretty simple to work
around it).

In that case, httptunnel will probably be the thing to look at, but
you'll need to have an open server somewhere outside the network to do
the tunnelling to...

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse				| PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584
Linoleum - Linux Programming Resources: