masquerading gone bad after new ip

Hi,		Our isp sold the block of ip's we were on.
We had to change our static ip which I thought
would be trivial. Instead masquerading stopped
working. The system is debian unstable and the
kernel is 2.6.17.8 I have been through the networking
section of the config many times and it is better
than before. I have been over and over my
iptables setup and cannot see a problem.
I can ssh into and out of the local network.
I just can't ping an outside address from the
local network. Off and on I get logging in
/var/log/messages from the iptables log setting
but it still doesn't return the ping.
The network can reach the hosts web page but not
an outside page. Dns is set to 192.168.0.1 and
an outside server. ping to a domain gets me an
ip address. Where have I gone wrong?
Help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.
I am totally stumped.

bob			rvh@wisequackranch.com