Re: Osama Bin Laden Take Over List!

On Sunday 20 August 2006 00:52, Anthony Hawkes wrote:
> I think implementing the requirement of a license to use a computer
> just like with a motor vehicle would be a brilliant idea, no idiots
> ringing tech support, no stupid emails from underage users etc... it
> would be brilliant, anyone want to start an international computer
> licensing system project? lol

Then you get the situation that we already have:  Some jurisdictions don't
bother to enforce requirements for driver's licenses, or even care if you
have a driver's license.  For example, California driver's licenses are no
longer valid in Oregon after 30 days, and you have to take Oregon's test to
get an Oregon license if you move in from California because of CA's lack of
enforcement.  (On the other hand, Oregon's heavyhanded enforcement means that
California plates serve as a warning sign to other drivers and the ones that
move here find they can't just ask for a license and get it like they do down
south, they actually have to learn how to drive the right way).

--
Paul Johnson