Re: Where's the grub boot menu?

On 08/18/2006 01:14 PM, Jacob S wrote:
Howdy list,

Howdy Jacob.

I'm sure this must be a simple problem, but I can't find it on Google. When I boot my server, grub always drops me into it's shell, instead of giving me a boot menu, or even booting the default. Having to type 3 lines at least 40 characters long just to get it to boot each time gets a bit tiring. I have tried changing the default line in menu.lst, as well as an update-grub and even a grub-install, all to no avail. [...]

The default line in menu.lst, AFAIK, is supposed to be just a number--the number of the boot option to use as default.

Examine the part of menu.lst that describes the "# kopt=" option. That is where you can put kernel command line parameters that will survive an invocation of update-grub.

Good luck.