Re: mini-DV with sd-card

On 2006-08-16, gustavo halperin <ggh.develop@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hello
>
>   My question is about the video format Mini-DV. This format is Linux
> compatible? I my camera record the movie in a SD-Card, I will can play
> the movie with MPlayer and encoded it to DVD format?
>
>    Thank you,
>         Gustavo

Most Mini-DV video cameras have a firewire (1394) port.  If you add a
firewire card to your computer and install the "kino" program, it can
capture your video to a (large) .dv file.  kino Help contains
instructions on how to export the video and burn a DVD.  This works on
Sarge.

Can an SD-Card hold a whole movie?  If it could and the file were in .dv
format, then you could bypass the firewire step.