scim creates a zombie process

Hello,

I have my default input set to scim with "im-switch -z en_CA -s scim" so
that when I log into my desktop (gnome) I can use either Hangul (Korean)
or English.

the output of "ps -al | grep 'Z'"  gives

F S   UID   PID  PPID  C PRI  NI ADDR SZ WCHAN  TTY          TIME CMD
0 Z  1000  3082  3037  0  76   0 -     0 exit   ?        00:00:00 scim
<defunct>

where the parent process id is gnome-session. Everything seems to work
fine but it is strange that it always ends up with a zombie process is
it not?