Re: error when opening gv

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:07:50PM EDT, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:44:13 -0400
> cga2000 <cga2000@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 04:35:14PM EDT, Rodney D. Myers wrote:

Since the colors are defined in your file it looks like gv cannot find
it .. or -- long shot -- that xorg uses a different format (?)

If you use wmaker there may be other error messages (possibly not from
gv .. other apps) in wmaker's error log file -- or on the linux console
if you startx wmaker..

Unfortunately I still use good ole xfree86 so I have zero experience
with xorg.

Unless you have a complicated history of X maintenance on that system
(as opposed to an outa-the-box install of xorg) .. I would imagine that
someone else may have run into a similar problem.

Didn't see anything in google?

xorg+rgb.txt returns a bunch of entries .. one says something about an
RgbPath statement in the xorg config file.

Thanks

cga