re: slow dns lookup

Hi Peter,

That's exactly what's happening:

etch:/home/tyler# cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 192.168.2.1
nameserver 127.0.0.1
search no-domain-set.aliant
etch:/home/tyler#

192.168.2.1 is the router I'm using, a speedstream 6520. I've used my
browser to poke around inside it, but I don't find anything relating to
dns resolution. Any suggestions?

On another topic entirely - how do you reply to messages on this list so
that your reply shows up in the same thread in the archives? I'm not
subscribed (the volume is just too much!), so I do all my reading from
the archive site. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to send reply
posts without having them come up as new threads, or just plain disappear.

Cheers,

Tyler