Re: chown

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:
On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 07:19:18AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
I've been unable to find this in the info page for chown.
It often helps to look at the documentation for system calls; if I look at
the man page for the chown system call -  man 2 chown  - which the chown
program will call at some point during its execution, it says: "Only a
privileged process (Linux: one with the CAP_CHOWN capability) may change
the owner of a file."

Hmm; on my box:

westk[@westek]:/home/westk:> man 2 chown
No manual entry for chown in section 2
See 'man 7 undocumented' for help when manual pages are not available.