Re: Clamav scans or removes virus ??

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, George Borisov wrote:

> > Sadly, the Debian package is not kept up to date - the latest Debian
> > package is 4.51.5-1, which is well behind the latest stable version of
> > 4.55.10-3.  It can of course be compiled from source.
>
> We have been using it for many months now (as you can see in the
> headers) and the stable version works just fine. We get clamav
> from volatile.
>
> Are there any problems with the Sarge version that we should be
> aware of?

I would suggest reading:

	http://mailscanner.info/ChangeLog

You will see a very large number of changes that have been implemented
since the latest Debian version.

MailScanner is a package that is being constantly improved to take into
account new threats that e-mail users keep facing.  In addition, new
features are constantly being added to make configuration easier, and
there are many bug fixes which may or may not be important for you.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service