Re: xdm and su xauth problem

hi,

One possibility is

xauth -f /home/user/.Xauthority extract - $DISPLAY | xauth merge -

where "user" is the user that logged on to xdm. This will extract the
user's authorization cookie for the current display and merge it into
root's authority file. Then root should be able to access the display
until user logs out again. (I tested this with kdm, but I assume it
works for xdm as well.)
ok, this works. after su, i enter this command and then X apps work again. is there any way how this could be 'automated'?

regards,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net