Re: apt-get/aptitude update failing [solved]

Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> wrote:

>   Looks to me like it worked just fine.  The warnings below are spurious
> but ought to go away in aptitude 0.4.2 since it doesn't try to read in
> the package lists before an update.

Between Nathan's fix and upgrading to aptitude 0.4.2, I no longer get
the spurious warnings, nor problems trying to download packages. I was
able to pick 0.4.2 from sid easily without any cascading dependencies.

Note that Nathan's fix would only affect you if you are using
mirrors.kernel.org. It occurs to me that other mirrors might be using
the same buggy version of rsync though, so if you're noticing that
packages are missing, this might be the reason.