Re: how to get package list

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 06:34:36PM +0300, Jabka Atu wrote:
> i need to create a backup of my system but i don't want to copy all the
> progs (i need only the package list).

Debian makes it nice and easy to get a list of all installed packages:

# dpkg --get-selections
aalib1                                          install
abcde                                           install
adduser                                         install

The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that
we don't give them up now, only because we are frightened.
  - Eolake Stobblehouse (http://stobblehouse.com/text/battle.html)