Re: debian

Bharath Suresh:

>     i want to download debian from your site for a intel machine.there are
> about 10 files in ur site for intel.can u please help me with what files to
> download debian for my machine.

What you have to download depends on two factors:

- The exact architecture of the computer you are planning to use with
  Debian. If you are not sure what "architecture" means, you most
  probably want the "i386" images (which means you have a standard
  computer, probably running Windows currently).

- Whether you want to download a huge image now and install most of the
  packages from CD *or* you want to quickly download a small installer
  which gives you the opportunity to download everything you need via
  internet. The latter images are the "netinst" or "businesscard" CD
  images. If you will not have a (fast) internet connection when
  installing Debian, you should choose the former.

J.
--
I am no longer prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.
[Agree]   [Disagree]