Re: Xorg mouse cursor

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 22:48:42 +0200, T wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I noticed that having upgraded to Xorg, my mouse cursor suddenly has a
>modem look -- half transparent, with shade, those kind of thing.
>
>I'd rather call it more M$ look. Is it possible to get back my plain
>simple mouse cursor under Xorg?

If you're using any of the desktop managers, GNOME/KDE/XFCE, then
changing mouse pointer should be easy.

I'm a GNOME user so I can only point you to how it's done there:

 Desktop->Preferences->Mouse->Pointers

I haven't found any details on how to change the mouse pointers in a
pure Xorg system. :(

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Unreadable code,
Why would anyone use it?
Learn a better way.
     -- Geoff Kuenning's contribution to the 2004 Perl Haiku Contest,
        Haikus about Perl - 'Dishonerable Mention' winner