Re: apache2 - authentication in digest mode

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 12:24:42PM +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Hello!

Hi,

> apache2 - Server version: Apache/2.0.54
>
> I setup everything from the apache2 doc for the usage of the Digest
> authentication methode, and I add some locations in the apache2.conf
> that should to be open only from some users with theirs passwords,
>
> Eg.:
>
> <Location /private/>
>     AuthType Digest
>     AuthDigestDomain /private/ http://csanyipal.info/~csanyipal/wmaker_screenshots/
>     AuthDigestFile /usr/share/apache2/passwd/digest-passwds
>     AuthDigestGroupFile /usr/share/apache2/passwd/digest-groups
>     AuthName "Private"
>     Require group Friends
> </Location>
>
> I enabled the auth_digest module with a2enmod, and load this module
> with /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload command.
>
> But there everybody can access to these locations. :-(
> Why?
>
> Any advicess will be appreciated.

I haven't used <Location> myself and I might not understand your
configuration (i.e. you probably have a good reason to use it :), but
if those directories are real directories in the server's filesystem,
how about using <Directory> instead of <Location>?

Just a thought :)

> --
> Regards, Paul Csanyi
> http://csanyipal.info/moodle  <<<---  Moodle - Course Management System